American Sport Management
As part of its Sport Management course, AMOS offers 4th year Masters programme students a 2-week immersion session in Texas.
Journey to the heart of the “LONE STAR STATE"
Texas is a southern American state, the second largest in the country after Alaska and the second most populous after California.
Formerly independent, Texas was immersed in Mexican cultures for about 500 years, giving it unique identity. Cowboys stand alongside major financial centres, country music concerts fill stadiums, restaurant portions are larger than anywhere else and the feeling of being Texan before being American prevails!
TEXAS IS ESPECIALLY RENOWNED FOR
ITS NUMEROUS PROFESSIONAL SPORTING LEAGUES: THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION (NBA), THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE (NFL), THE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL (MLB) AND THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE (NHL).
As part of this session in partnership with Texas A&M University, students will immerse themselves in Texan sports culture.
- English sport management classes taught by university teachers
- Meetings with national and professional sports teams: Houston Astros (MLB), Houston Texas (NFL), Houston Rockets (NBA) and Houston Dynamo (MLS)
- Participation in baseball, soccer and football, etc.
- Visits to major sports facilities reinforced by classroom sessions.
- Practice of American sports: action ball, ultimate Frisbee, flag football and baseball
- Sightseeing (Houston, Austin) and cultural outings