Global Sport Business Master
AMOS’ unique Global Sport Business Master’s Program has been designed to suit the needs of the international sports industry and to develop in-depth expertise of the sector, to support both professional aspirations and industry requirements.
This 2-year management program is delivered by experts of the international sports industry and takes the students on a unique journey across three different business environments throughout the world - Europe, Asia, and North America – to discover the digital transformations impacting the future of sports.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE GLOBAL SPORT BUSINESS MASTER
Preparing for a career
Year 1Preparing for a careerYear 1
- 2 semesters of courses within one of the 8 AMOS campuses: Paris, Lille, London, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nice, Strasbourg, Toulouse* (*students outside the EU, the EEA and Switzerland can only choose a campus based in France. See the payment conditions)
- 5-day study trip to Germany
- 4-week study trip to China or South Korea
Dream come true
Year 2Dream come trueYear 2
• 4-week study trip to Chicago (USA)
• Classes on data analytics proposed by the GSIC
• 6-month work placement in an international sport industry environment
• GSIC dissertation and defence
Global Sport Business Master in details
During three semesters and through comprehensive coursework, master classes, and study trips, the students will be confronted with the fast-changing trends in the global sports industry, with a special focus on the creation of technology-based sports companies.
To incorporate students’ knowledge in their professional life, they will undertake a 6-month professional experience and develop a concrete digital transformation plan for a sports organization.
The first semester of the Global Sport Business Master’s program will focus on the economic, political, and legal characteristics of sports management and introduce the future trends of the sports industry in Europe.
To be fully immersed in the sports products’ environment, students will join a 5-day study trip to Munich – Germany – to attend ISPO, the world’s largest multi-segment trade fair for sports business.
The second semester of the Global Sport Business Master’s program focuses on the opportunities for collaboration in Asia and the challenges that such a gigantic market represents to European and American sports organizations. Students will also understand the economic implications when developing successful business strategies in Asia.
During this semester students will initiate the GSIC classes and will learn the fundamentals of the digital transformation area. They will also discover the functioning of sports digital marketing and fan engagement. By the end of the semester, students will be able to propose a real individualized customer experience.
The third semester of the Global Sport Business Master’s program focuses on sports marketing franchises, innovation, and fan experience of the sports industry with an emphasis focus on North America to prepare students to understand this sporting leadership model.
Our courses will help students gain significant knowledge in sales strategies, event safety & public relations, as well as innovative sports trends. They will also learn about the career environments both in the USA and in the UK.
The last semester of this program involves a mandatory 6-month work placement in an international sport industry environment that students must undertake to obtain their degree. AMOS aims to provide opportunities for all students to develop employability skills to achieve their career goals, therefore they are accompanied during classes and professional workshops.
Students will also have to carry out a GSIC final project, by writing a dissertation and supporting their work orally. The project will be based in a real company of the sports industry.
Degree and certification
AMOS degree & certification
- Degree heading : “Manager(euse) des Organisations Sportives” protected by AMOS © – Acquisition of 120 ECTS credits (European Credits Transfer System)
- Master professional en Global Sport Business Master : certificación CUALIFICAM de la Fundación para el Conocimiento Madrimasd para la certificación de la Calidad de los Programas de Máster Profesional.
- Private title “Junior Master Digital Transformation of Sports Entities”, delivered by the Global Sports Innovation (powered by Microsoft) and ESBS.
Our students are assessed throughout the academic year by continuous assessment (homework, case studies, oral exams, etc.) and twice a year by mid-term exams. A research dissertation will be produced and presented in English to a jury at the end of the 5th year. Certification is obtained by capitalising on all the skill blocks and defending the final dissertation in English.
Methods used and objectives
Methods used :
- Our speakers are recognised experts who guide and support our students throughout their training. Their learning methods are based on the autonomy of students, who are regularly involved in their own training. The sessions alternate theoretical contributions with practical applications. Work and production in sub-groups are encouraged, as is international work experience.
- Developing a calibrated strategy
- Managing change
- Considering individual aspirations
- Developing collaborative management
- Adapting to generational and intercultural contexts
2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th years (subject to conditions)
Graduation rate :
- 88,5% (MAJ décembre 2022 sur l’ensemble des campus AMOS)
Double diplomation :
- The “Manager(euse) des organisations sportives” degree title.
- The FEDE European Master’s in Digital Management (private degr under Swiss law)
Professional integration rate :
- 88% (6 months after graduation) (updated December 2022 on all AMOS campuses)
Breakdown rate of apprenticeship contracts :
- 1,01% in Master 1 (year 2021-2022 on all AMOS campuses)
- 3,03% in Master 2 (year 2021-2022 on all AMOS campuses)
Added value of our establishment by training programme :
- The added value of a school in terms of the employment rate is an indicator that enables a relevant comparison to be made between the employment rate of the school’s leavers and the employment rate of similar schools.Theoretically, the value added can take values between -100 and 100: at the maximum if the observed employment rate is 100% and the expected employment rate is 0%, the value added is equal to 100; and at the minimum if the observed employment rate is 0% and the expected employment rate is 100%, the value added is equal to -100. In reality, these extremes are never reached in InserJeunes: the added values are between 40 and -40 and around 90% of establishments and CFAs have an added value between 12 and -12. Added value rate = – 4 (6-month insertion rate for 2019 graduates at national level)
Training discontinuation rate :
- 4,7% in Master 1 (year 2021-2022 on all AMOS campuses)
- 0,4% in Master 2 (year 2021-2022 on all AMOS campuses)
- 88,5% (MAJ décembre 2022 sur l’ensemble des campus AMOS)
The aim of validating the course and obtaining professional certification is exclusively to enable our students to move quickly into positions of responsibility in the world of sport.
Tuition fees 2023/2024
Master's Year 1
From 11 260 €
• 2 semesters of courses within one of the 8 AMOS campuses: Paris, Lille, London, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nice, Strasbourg, Toulouse* (*students outside the EU, the EEA and Switzerland can only choose a campus based in France. See the payment conditions)
• 5-day study trip to Germany
• 4-week study trip to China or South Korea
Master's Year 2
From 11 260 €
• 1 semester of classes at AMOS London or AMOS Madrid
• 4-week study trip to the USA
Turn your passion for sport into a career by choosing one of our specialized courses from Bac+3 to Bac+5, in marketing, communication, sponsorship, events, media…
Submit the following documents to this email
• Application form
• Cover Letter in English
• CV in English
• Proof of citizenship (copy of passport/birth certificate)
• Certified copies of academic transcripts in English (from undergraduate qualifications)**Once these documents are sent, they will be reviewed by our International Team who will instruct you on the remaining steps.